Resolving Overwhelming Credit Card or Medical Debts
Caught in the Trap of Credit Card Debt or Buried by Medical Bills You Cannot Afford to Pay?
Our attorneys can help! We have debt resolution options to help you. Don’t continue to struggle with debt and further damage your credit. Put our experience to work for you today.
Through our debt consolidation program we can set up reasonable repayment terms with your creditors, such as:
- 0% interest on all unsecured debt and arrearages;
- Re-pay only what you can afford after you have met all of your monthly living expenses (home mortgage or rent, vehicle expense, food, gas, groceries, etc);
- Stop late reports to the credit bureaus;
- Work towards improving your credit score.
Or we have a debt elimination plan if you are not in a position to pay the debts back based on your current income and circumstances.
Call us today at 866-261-8282 to speak to a licensed attorney on how to best resolve your debt and begin improving your credit. We offer free consultations at any of our six office locations in Detroit, Ann Arbor, Dearborn, Southfield, Flint or Warren, Michigan.
Get Reasonable Payment Terms and Become Debt Free
Do you feel like you will never get out of debt based on high interest rates, penalties or even just the overwhelming total sum of what you owe? With minimum monthly payments, you are often just servicing the debt by paying the interest charges, but never making headway to pay down the principal balance.
Use our Debt Calculator tool to see exactly how much debt you have, how long it would take you to pay it off and what you would have to pay in interest along the way.
We have a better solution to struggling on your own or even signing on to a debt management program. We help clients file for Chapter 13 reorganization to set-up reasonable repayment terms based their budget.
Here are some highlighted benefits of filing a Chapter 13:
- Prioritized Repayment Process: We prioritize secured debt obligations (mortgage, vehicle payments, etc) and your monthly living expenses – no payments go to your unsecured creditors until you are caught up on all secured and priority debt obligations. You are only required to pay back what you can afford to your unsecured creditors. All remaining debt balances are discharged at the completion of the program.
- 0% Interest Repayment: While you are paying these debts back, they are reduced to 0% interest and there are no continued late penalties or fees. In other words, any payments you make are going straight to paying down the principal.
- Court Protection from Your Creditors: The program provides protection from your creditors including: home foreclosure, vehicle repossession, lawsuits, judgments, wage garnishments, etc.
- Reduce and Eliminate Debt: You have the opportunity to remove a second mortgage or home equity loan and/or reduce the principal mortgage balance on a rental property(s) to rebalance your home’s value relative to current market conditions.
- Begin Improving Your Credit: Work towards improved credit by restoring timely payments to your creditors and improving your debt-to-income ratio by focusing on paying down principal debt.
A debt-free existence is within your reach. Call us today at 866-261-8282 to understand how this versatile debt consolidation program could work for you. We offer free consultations and can put our experience to work for you.
Your Creditor’s Responsibility
During the process of the Chapter 13 Reorganization, all your creditors are required to file a “Proof of Claim.” Non-government entities have six months from the date of case filing to file their Proof of Claim. Government entities (IRS, State of Michigan, etc.) have 180 days to file their claims.
The Proof of Claim is a form that is filed with the court that establishes the amount of the debt and the creditor pursuing the debt. If you disagree with the amount claimed, the court has a process where we can object to the claimed amount and bring the matter before the court for resolution. If one of your unsecured creditors fails to file a claim within the specified time, the debt is automatically discharged at the completion of the program, even though they did not receive any payments. The responsibility is on your creditor to file a claim after we put them on notice, or they forfeit their rights and you are no longer obligated on the debt after discharge.
Debt Elimination for a Fresh Start
If you have overwhelming unsecured debts and cannot make any payment efforts based on your budget and financial situation, you can file a Chapter 7 Fresh Start and eliminate the debts altogether. This process takes about three to five months to complete, but the protection from your creditors is immediate once the case is filed.
Other Chapter 7 benefits include:
- Halt to judgments or wage garnishments;
- Protection from utility shut-offs;
- Elimination of loan deficiency debt resulting from a home foreclosure or vehicle repossession;
- Fresh financial start to reset your debt-to-income ratio so that you may begin re-building your credit.
Chapter 7 protection is immediate, the process if quick and program provides full elimination of unsecured debt. Call us today at 866-261-8282 to see if you qualify.
Trust Our Debt Resolution Experience
With over 50 years of combined debt resolution and legal experience, we are here to help you. We offer same day free phone or in-office consultations to discuss your finances, discuss your long term goals and carefully explain your options for finding lasting debt resolution and financial freedom. Please visit our Testimonials page to read our client feedback.
We look forward to your call and earning your trust.
We offer free in-office or phone consultations to review your personal circumstances, analyze your situation and advise you on the best course of action. We specialize in bankruptcy law, debt resolution, foreclosure prevention and credit repair. We have offices in Detroit, Southfield, Dearborn, Flint, Ann Arbor and Warren, Michigan. Please call us toll free at 866-261-8282 or click here to schedule a consultation right now.